Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One Step Closer

Hey everyone! I've got some freaken awesome good news!

I am once step closer to to going to beautiful Hong Kong for my final field experience. WOO! I'm really excited about this. I just have to wow the two interviewers and then I'll be on my way! I want this, I deserve this. I'm ready for this. I'm ready to start (or continue, after Italy) my life as an international ESL teacher. I WILL do this and I WILL be awesome and I WILL succeed. And the best part? I'm going and grabbing life by the horns. I'm making things happen. I'm not waiting to something to just fall into my lap. Look at that picture. Isn't it beautiful? I belong there, I mean look at the skyscrapers: some of them are pink! I'm sad, though, because I've found out that some deserving people didn't even get an interview. I'm sorry that I won't have the opportunity to be in Hong Kong with her. She and I weren't in direct competition for a spot, so, for me, there's no upside to her not getting an interview.

Something else I'd like to mention is this video from 2009's World of Science Festival. In it, Bobby McFerrin demonstrates the power of the pentatonic scale. It's just incredible that people who don't really know each other and don't know what will happen next can (correctly) assume what note will be next based on the three note set up McFerrin gives them. It still gives me chills, even though I've watched it many time.

Humans are fascinating, aren't they?

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you ARE Hong Kong! Your blog inspired me to believe in you. I mean, I already did, but now im all YA! RILED UP! GO GIRL! WOOO!

    ReplyDelete