Friday, February 13, 2009

Smartboards and Ever Expanding Technology

Compared to my grandmother, I am a computer genius.
Compared to my parents, I am a computer expert.
Compared to my friends, I am computer friendly.
Compared to some children less than half my age, I am a computer no0b.

Why is this and how can we prevent this? Well, it's because technology is ever changing and ever expanding. Every few months, a new program/cellphone/iPod/computer comes out and I (as well as people who are not as "adaptable" as others) I need to try to readjust my mindset and figure out how the heck to use whatever it is... and then to explain it to my parents.

This is why I am a little apprehensive about learning how to use a Smartboard in detail. The way I see it is that by the time I graduate with my B.Ed, the Smartboard technology will have changed from what it is now. And then I'll have to learn it all again.

I know how to use basic technology, and if there is a tutorial, I can figure anything out... but don't ask me how or why or to explain my actions-- I don't know. I just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment