Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stupid Stage

For those of you who don't know what "stage" is, it's French for Field Experience. And by Field Experience I mean slave labour. Yes, we need experience in classrooms. Yes, we're only students and therefore not completely competent yet. However, if I'm planning, teaching, correcting and the teacher isn't even in the school, why shouldn't I be paid for what I do? It's not like McGill is *not* charging us the same tuition as last semester, you know, when we were able to work... It's just so frustrating!

I do love the experience, even if it's completely unrealistic (or at least highly improbably). Three IB classes and one enriched, all in secondary 5. I'd need a hell of a lot of seniority, luck and, well, luck!

I think I belong in high school though. I deal with "grown up" kids a lot better than the little hugging ones. At least these older students understand the concept of personal space! Yet, I still get sick from one of them. Better than the Pinkeye I got on my first stage.

Whatever. Just three weeks left. Then, I get to work again, woo! And then I get to complain about working. Yep, I am a needy bitch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment