Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bajardo

On the top of a mountain, 1000 meters above sea level; the clouds look like they’ve invaded the city, much like that movie The Mist. I’m in Bajardo, a little town in Italy, population 200 or so. I’m “on hold,” which means I’m one of 37 people who could not be placed at a camp right away because there weren’t enough camps this week. One the bright side, I’m getting paid 100 € to relax and the founder of ACLE is organizing a trip to Cannes/Monaco for us. So exciting!!!

In Bajardo, there are wild, feral cats, fog all around, no breeze and, wait for it, SCORPIONS. Yep, scorpions. WHAT THE EFF, MAN!!?!?!?!?!? I really don’t know how I feel about that, other than a little freaked out. I’m not so freaked out that I’ll let it ruin my trip, but a little freaked out none the less.

I need a new suitcase too: the 10 min uphill hike on cobble stone absolutely destroyed my poor bag. Also, I think a backpack style bag might be easier to carry. And, if there are useless things that don’t fit, I can simply ship them home. I just wish I could find a plus sized clothing store to buy some more shorts and send home some pants home. I don’t need my dress pants. They’re also way too tight! I didn’t realize it when I packed them. It seems like I lost some weight, though. My size 18 pants/shorts/skirt seems to be falling off of me. That might make things awkward in the summer camps.

Well, I’m not even half way through Love, Actually and I’m really super tired. I suppose it’s goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment