Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cannes/Monaco/Rain

I’m finding out where I’ll be placed for camp tomorrow. I’m nervous, yet excited. Nervous because I’ve never done this sort of thing before but excited because, after all, this is what I’m here to do.

Today, it was raining in Baiardo. To be honest, it was raining yesterday and all of last night as well. To prove this fact, my school bag is SOAKED, completely and thoroughly soaked. I’m so glad that my electronics were in baggies, or else they’d be ruined. I’m going to buy a new schoolbag tomorrow (mine smells REALLY weird now and is about 6 years old so I can justify a new one). I need a new suitcase as well as this one (my first ever that’s only 4 years old) is broken. This isn’t a HUGE problem for me, but the fact that the handle won’t go down might be a problem on the airplane back home. I’m going to hold off on purchasing that, though, until my last camp so that I’ll have actual money to buy it with.

We went to Cannes and Monte-Carlos today, but sadly I hadn’t set my converter to the right setting and my camera’s battery drained completely over night instead of recharging: no pictures for me... One girl was nice enough to take a picture OF me in Monaco, so that’ll be tagged on Facebook... eventually... once we all have access to high speed internet.

Well, I should probably be off to bed now: it’s 12:20 am here. Tomorrow, I’ll be sleeping in and then going to the beach. Woo!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like an incredible trip and an adventure. I hope you are enjoying every minute of it. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete