Saturday, November 27, 2010

In the Key of Awesome

The title of this post was inspired by my friend Jody, you should check out her blog.

So it seems that the pain and suffering I went through with my wisdom teeth actually had some benefits.
  1. My mouth doesn't hurt anymore. My gums were always in pain before, I could constantly feel my wisdom teeth growing. It was not fun.
  2. My face looks a little thinner now, with my back wisdom gone. I know it's just that the inflammation they caused in my everyday life is gone, but I feel it made a huge difference.
  3. I lost weight.
Yep, #3 is the most important part, I think. When I had to brush my teeth/rinse out my mouth after I ate, I seriously considered the merit of each snack before eating it (or not). It turns out that being too lazy to get up off the sofa and brushing your teeth seriously diminished the calories you consume in a day. It also trained me not to snack as much: I fell out of the habit. With this weight loss, I'm starting to fit in clothes I never thought I'd fit in again. You know all those old clothes at the back of your closet that you can't bring yourself to give away? Well, I'm starting to fit into them again. Dresses, shirts, jackets... I doubt I'll ever fit into my size 5 jeans again, (seen here, on the right), but I'll be happy if get into my size 12 suit jacket.

Man, look at me in that picture. I was 16, and I had just died my hair strawberry blond to cover up hot pink streaks that I had gotten to celebrate my sweet 16. On the left there, that's me with pink hair. And skinnier. And pretty hot, might I add. It's too bad I didn't know how hot I was back then, I could have been one hell of a heart-breaker.

Either way, I'm glad I'm losing weight. Woo!

2 comments:

  1. I love you! I know its been tough for you, but I am happy to hear the relief you are experiencing just with your mouth! Just keep doing what your doing and you will continue with a healthy weight loss.

    I could take some notes from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, commit yourself to brushing after everything you eat: you will seriously consider if it's worth it out of sheer lamezyness!

    ReplyDelete