Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Writer's Block SUCKS!

I have to write an 7-8 page English essay for Friday. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a clear idea about what I wanted to write. As of right now, I have one AWESOME thesis that's not part of the assigned topics (and I missed the approval deadline so I'm waiting to see if the TA will make an exception for me) and one mediocre thesis (that's part of the assigned topics). I'm just not sure how to go about it. I'm analyzing. comparing and contrasting two films: 2001: A Space Odyssey and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I won't bore you with the details of my analysis, just know that it will either be an epic win or an epic fail. Either way, right now, it's an epic nothing.

To try to get me in the mood, in terms of writing, I have my iTunes on shuffle. My music collection is pretty eclectic: it always has. Now, with the internet and the fact that new bands and artists are putting their own music out there, I feel like I can't be a proper music fan UNLESS I have such diverse tastes and interests. Not only that, but I LOVE discovering new (to me) music! Gord bless the interwebs, as I would be listening to plain and boring music without it.

Well, I guess I should try writing some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment