Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hopes and Dreams

Woo, so much has happened since my last blog. My best friend got married and is currently on her honeymoon. One of my closest friends is moving in with her boyfriend today. I got, and subsequently got rid of, a spray tan that I just couldn't get used to. I saw one of the summer's most hilarious films (The Other Guys, GO SEE IT!). Oh and I found my dream home.

That's right.

My dream home.

It's a condo in the world famous Habitat 67 building complex. It's 1,248 sq ft over two floors, gorgeous views and a private shuttle to downtown Montreal. It's also $459000, which is reasonable for the location and all it has to offer (look for yourself). It's just completely unreasonable for my current budget.

I know what you're thinking: Michèle! You're just a student! You can grow into that budget! Well, that's the plan. I may not be able to make it my first home, but I will eventually live there. And do you know why? Because it's my dream and I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

That's the thing with hopes and dreams, you can't sit back and ask other people to do everything for you. You have to make your own mark, spend your own money, be your own person.

And happiness will follow.

1 comment:

  1. Guhhh...please buy that so I can come stay with you for a while and pretend I'm posh enough to live in a place like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete