Friday, August 6, 2010

Inspiration

My friend just started blogging (you should check her out), which has inspired me to start again. I really do enjoy blogging: it's cathartic and I always feel better afterward. So here it goes:

Okay, firstly, I am so proud of my friends (they know who they are). One has his dream job, one is moving in with her boyfriend, one is going back to school, one is getting married. I'm so happy for them, for all of my friends. They all deserve happiness, that's for sure.

Then there's another friend who does nothing but complain about her life, about how nothing ever goes her way, about how everything just sucks. She is the one who really inspired me today. I've decided to do the same. I'll sit at home on the computer all night and pretend to look for a job all day and wonder why I have no life. I'll refuse to make any changes to my personality and lifestyle even though it is obviously not working for me. I'll dwell on the fact that everyone's life is going so much better than mine and, well, that must be everyone else's fault, not mine.

Or, ya know, I can not. I can live. I can be happy for my friends knowing that they are happy for me and my accomplishments. Yes, I'm a little jealous that their lives seem to be working out a little better than mine, but I know for a fact that they are sometimes jealous of my life. I've got good things going for me: I'm on my way to a stable career, I travel, I go out, I enjoy life, I've got a good family (even if they drive me crazy at times), I've got good friends (even if they drive me crazy at times). I've got a good life. And I love living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment