Saturday, May 28, 2011

Changes

You know what? That 30 day YouTube challenge is LAME. Some of the "days" didn't even make sense. So, screw it.

My Nonna passed away on Thursday. She had been battling ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) for a long time, although it was only diagnosed in 2009. She was a strong stubborn woman and, whether you believe in an afterlife or not, she is no longer suffering and finally at peace. Her funeral is next Saturday (June 4th). We're hoping to get donations for the Lou Gehrig Foundation in her name (Rosaria Passarelli).

My friend Jody is coming to Montreal on Tuesday, for my graduation on Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to seeing her: I haven't seen her in over a year! I've missed her so much. Sometimes, keeping in touch online just isn't enough.

Apparently, she's never really been to Montreal. Boy do I have plans for her! I want to show her downtown and Old Montreal and have her eat a poutine and point out Habitat 67. I also want to take her to Porto Mar, the restaurant where I had my 25th birthday party. She was supposed to come, but couldn't make it due to a scheduling misunderstanding. I hope she likes Portuguese food.

I'm also taking her to Zyng and La Distillerie with some of my (former) classmates on Tuesday to celebrate the official end of our degree. I sincerely hope it stops raining by then.

I'm excited for this week, despite my Nonna's death. It'll be good to see Jody, to celebrate my degree and to play tourist in my own city.

4 comments:

  1. Well, being Jody, this is clearly the best blog ever. LOL I don't think I have ever had porteguese food. I guess I could try it. I can't wait for our brief time together! Everything you have planned sounds amazeballs. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I wish I could be there too!! The food at Porto Mar is absolutely delicious, and you should enjoy some equally delicious drinks in a jar at La Distillerie. At least it won't be ridiculously cold and snowing on you while you wait what seems like an eternity to get into the bar! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down,these memories are playing like a film without sound.."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Amé! How did you know that Vitamin C had the perfect quote for this moment? :P

    ReplyDelete