Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Memories...

And no, I don't mean the song from Cats.

I've been cleaning my room (yep, still doing that) and, obviously, I've been finding old photographs. From music competitions in high school to concerts and random fun in CEGEP to the printed digital photos of my cruises... And a very entertaining one of my friends at my "surprise" 17th birthday party. I say "surprise" because my boyfriend and best friend (at the time) did a horrible job of keeping it a secret. I remember C calling my house, talking to me for a few minutes and then asking to speak to my sister. And A taking me out for the day and asking what my favourite cake is and then disappearing to use the payphone. And telling me we couldn't go back to my house yet because he had to make a phone call first... to my parents. I mean, it was a good effort! Just, you know, a failed one. It was a great party, though.

So, I want to take some time and go through all these old photos and categorize them, organize them, stick them in scrapbooks and tell all my friends the stories behind each moment. I want to be the annoying older person (cause, you know, I'm soooo old at 25) who tells all the youngsters (you know, my 23 year old friends who are soooo young) how it was in the "good old days." Thing is, it's starting to sink in that the "good old days" weren't the best times of my life, as I previously believed. I'm starting to think that I actually can have way more adventures in the future.

It's 100% official, by the way. I am going back to Europe. I've been having some issues with the Spain people, what with them not being sure they have a place for me. I've now decided that I'll just pay for my own damn ticket to Milan and just work in Italy is Spain doesn't have the camps. You know, it's a little silly for them to STILL be waiting on the Spanish government for answers about how many tutors they need. So, I'm going. No matter what.

And here's Memory:

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! Best times SO FAR. You are young with so much more on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you look so young there. Things are so much easier today because you just text from your cell phone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Andrew. I *was* young. Only 17 lol

    ReplyDelete