Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Random Thoughts This Morning.

I'm leaving in 10 days and I've yet to buy my plane tickets.

I'm scared of traveling alone for a long time after camp, so I'm opting for a Monday flight home: I can either finish camp on the Friday immediately before or the previous one and use the week to travel if I'm not too chicken.

I think with another good 6 hours, my room will be clean and everything will be packed away, ready to be relocated or unpacked.

Some people who have known me many, many, many years have yet to figure out that my name isn't Michelle.


I saw Bridesmaids yesterday. It was good! Not quite as good as it was made out to be, in my opinion, but good none the less.

I think I'll be able to pack everything into my carry on sized suitcase.

I miss Jody. Her visit here was GREAT and we reconnected and rebonded and she bonded with of my best friends and I'm happy they got along.

I miss Ana, even though I text her all the time and she only lives in Laval which isn't really that far... But we're both busy a lot. And I miss her. And I'm proud of her!

I miss my grandmother. People kept coming up to me at the viewings and asking how I was because they knew we were close. I didn't think we were that close until I barely made it through the eulogy. And now I miss her more than before.

I miss Cara. There's no excuse for my laziness in doing things with her.

Jimmy Kimmel has A LOT of great clips on YouTube

I'm craving St-Hubert ribs and poutine.

I've realized in the last 10 days or so that one of my newest friends is also one of the best friends I've ever had.

I think I'll go make myself bacon and eggs....

3 comments:

  1. You should totally travel alone afterward. If you stay in a hostel you can usually meet people to sight-see with and even if you don't it's a blast. If I weren't planning my own foreign teaching adventure I'd meet you somewhere. If you want help planning a little adventure shoot me a facebook message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey! You know your friend is right... just go to hostels.... You can even plan your trip ahead of time with the hostels so that way you're sure that you have a spot where to sleep.
    http://www.hostelworld.com/

    I have a friend who always goes travelling alone and she doesn't care. She sees stuff she wants, she does stuff she wants and meets people on the way.

    I had another friend who backpacked through Europe like that.

    But if you do decide to do that you better make sure you check in with me cause I'll be worried :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have the time and money then DO IT! How many chances do you think people get like this? Most people you know will never even make it that far, let alone see the rest! As a 36 yr old who loves to travel, but hasn't done too much of it, I am begging you to take the chances you have been given. Once you start your career, its far too easy to stay complacent with mundane life of routine.

    I love you and I want this for you. If it is at all possible even for a couple of days, please please PLEASE do it!!!! Find out what your change guidelines are for your ticket, see if they are flexible at all, so if it sucks, you can change it. But you have to at least try my love! TRY!

    ReplyDelete