Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What a Day!

Yesterday was just about as perfect as a day can get. The only thing that could have made it better was actually seeing Bradley Cooper.

My bff PM came over Monday night and we chilled a bit before going to bed. Tuesday, we got up pretty early and went for an AWESOME breakfast. Then she helped me move some boxes around and we were finally off for our official "Stalking Bradley Cooper" day.

We went straight to the Old Port, seeing as how BC was spotted there this weekend. We walked around a bit and decided to stop at a terrasse for some drinks. The terrasse made me think I was in LA or Miami or something. Wicker furniture, by the water, blue skies, people conducting business meetings... By the way can I say YUM about the drinks? I was a little disappointed that the bar didn't have a blender (no margaritas!) but I decided to have an apple martini. PM had a litchi martini. They were fantastic! So freaking good. As we were sitting there, basking in the beautiful, warm sunlight, we had a great conversation. We talked about EVERYTHING. I've come to realize that I may have only known PM for 2 or 3 years but she's one of my best and closest friends. Lord knows what I'd do without her now.

After the awesome martinis, we spotted geese along the water. I swear to God, I spent a good 20 minutes laughing my ass off about the geese. I don't know why: they were relatively normal. It was just too funny! And these geese were HUGE. I was sad that none of them honked, but they did flap their wings. And stood all in a row. What's up with that? Why were they in a row, just looking at the water. Just staring at it as if trying to decide if they wanted to swim or not. So what was our natural reaction? DO THE CREEP! BEST DANCE MOVE EVER! Yeah, we creeped a bit... and then we got bored and kept walking.

Since we were out and had a camera, we decided to do the tourist thing a bit. You know, pose in front of the scenery. A couple asked us to take a picture of them and then took one of us together. They asked us where we were from and were surprised to here us answer "Uhh, we're from Montreal." You want to know where they were from? CALIFORNIA! They were a really nice couple. So, PM and I kept wandering, taking pictures in front of random scenery. I also snapped a shot of my future condo at Habitat 67. Multi-million dollar condos, but I hope to live in one, one day. When I was little, my dad took me to one of them once. He was installing the tiles for the owner and I had a day off from school. I fell in love with the view at 7 years old.

So we kept walking, hoping to run into BC, but we had no luck. Finally, we were hot and tired so we tried driving by his rumoured hotel, the St-James. We drove by twice and didn't see him, so we decided to head home. In the evening, we went to see the 4th installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean films: it was good! Yesterday was just about the perfect day.

Thanks, P!

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile! I love how close you and PM are now :) miss you both lots!

    ReplyDelete