Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cleaning my room, part three

I'm inspired. I've got my laptop in my room, blasting the new Barenaked Ladies album All In Good Time along with the rest of my mega awesome iTunes library. I've got the new Chris Moore book Bite Me on my bed, in case cleaning gets too unbearable. I've got a bottle of water at my side and the determination to finish my long dresser.

Want to know what I've found so far? Notes from the summer class I took in 2008, the USB key I used in CEGEP (graduated in 2007), a chemistry textbook (the last time I took chemistry was 2005), some sheet music from my high school band (played sax!), directions to a new store, it just opened (in 2004), two pattern packages for sexy dresses, scrabooking crap, half a dozen books and CDs that belong to my ex friend's ex boyfriend. And I haven't even looks IN my drawers yet to see what kind of clothing I've got in there. My prediction: bras in like 4 different sizes that don't even come close to fitting me anymore.

Most of what I just mentioned is completely useless to me right now, except maybe the pattern packages. They're for "plus" sizes, so I must have already been fat when I bought them. As you can tell from these pictures, the dresses are super cute. I just need to commandeer a sewing machine and, perhaps, some time and I can maybe make a dress or two this summer...

Maybe not this summer, actually. Two summer classes and a trip... I'll be pretty busy. Better than being bored all summer, I guess. It's not like I can get a job, as a university student with a job waiting in September, no one is going to hire me for 45 days during the summer. 45 days where I'd be unavailable on Sundays and weekday afternoons from 1-4pm. Nope, not getting a job. Not happening!

On another note, I also found 3 pairs of sunglasses. Couple that with the two pairs I just bought and the four pairs I keep in my basket in the washroom and, well, I've got a lot of sunglasses. They're my main summer accessory! I can't wear red sunglasses with a pink shirt, I can't wear pink sunglasses with an aqua shirt, I can't wear my big green sunglasses other than on St-Patrick's Day and wearing the same black sunglasses get boring. Here's where I need your help, dear faithful reader(s) (I'm still not sure I actually have more than, like, 4 "faithful readers lol): How should I store all these sunglasses? They don't have cases, so telling me "in their case" is not a valid suggestion. My current thoughts are either in individual ziploc bags in a small drawer in my dresser (provided I can clear a small drawer) or in a basket on my dresser. I'm not liking the basket idea too much, because I'll lose space and they'll get all dusty and eww.

So, leave a comment and let me know your opinion. Oh and let me know if you want the scrapbooking crap :P

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest taking a ribbon and either hanging it horizontally and hanging the sunglasses on it, or tying little loops in it and hanging it vertically (and hanging the sunglasses through the loops). Then you'd even have room to expand should you inexplicably end up with another pair of sunglasses. :)

    ReplyDelete